Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Itchin' For A Ride

SoCal's version of winter decided to overstay it's welcome this year. The rain had me itchin' for a ride, so when it showed the slightest sign of clearing out, I snuck out for a little ripper.

I headed north a bit, then cut east on the 14 and hopped on the Soledad. Still a little wet out so the slab left me cold and damp. No problem because it cleared up as I headed further out. Got back on the highway and it was dead straight and windy all the way to Rosamond.

I've been wanting to check out Willow Springs Raceway for awhile and even though it was what passes for a "slow" day up there, it was still very cool to see. I definitely have the bug to take a rider course up there sometime soon.

On the way back home I took a detour over to Vasquez Rocks. No surprise that they used this as a fake backdrop for old sci-fi movies.

I can't remember if I ever saw them this closely when I was kid. I only remember seeing them from freeway on the way to wherever. The weirdest part was how they just seemed to come out of nowhere as I rode up. I even got to get into a little dirt and mud.
Looking forward to more clear skies this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment