Sunday, December 26, 2010

Catching Up With The Mods


No, not the scooter riding, skinny tie wearing, dedicated followers of fashion. The other kind of mods.

Around the same time I replaced the stock signals with the "bullet style" ones, I also ditched the stock tail light in favor of a "lucas style" one. This was one of my most anticipated mods, because I really don't like the look of the plastic spaceship look of the stock ones, and I had been wanting to ditch them since I got the bike.

So far I've been really happy with the new signals and tail light. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was the lack of brightness from the dim bulb. I went ahead and ordered an LED bulb from Super Bright LEDs. Specifically, I got the 45HP-LED BA15 Tower Bulb. There's definitely a big difference in brightness, so I'm really glad I made the switch.


The rain has been near biblical in these parts for the last couple of weeks. Luckily it let up a bit just before Chrsitmas, so I got to go for a brief but grin inducing ride up and down the Hollywood canyons. With no work left until New Years, I'm hoping the weather will cooperate enough for me to squeeze in a few more rides in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment